Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression Application


Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression creates a safe, supportive, and diverse environment that challenges residents to explore the meaning of creativity in our world and as a part of the lives of global citizens. Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression thus promotes creativity as a mechanism of expression, activism, leadership, and reflection through intentional interactions within a community of creative individuals. NEW for Fall 2015, ALL first year wings will be linked with specific First Year Experience Program (FYEP) courses on the topic of creativity.

Application Instructions

All students applying for housing in Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression must also complete a standard PLU housing application and the application below.  Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until space is no longer available.  Incoming first-year students for Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression should apply as soon as possible after submitting the housing application. 

Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression Questions

Please provide a brief (less than 200 words) response to the following questions.

Housing Assignments

Residential Life staff will work to make assignments to the wings within Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression. Assignments will be made from the pool of eligible applicants and be based on available space, the order in which a deposit was received, and your response to the listed questions. We are looking for students who intentionally want to be a part of this community and are thoughtful in their responses, but space is available to a wide range of appreciators of creativity.

Additional Information

For questions or concerns, contact Kat Slaby, Resident Director.  253-535-8600 or slabyka@plu.edu

Office of Residential Life
University Center 161
Tacoma, WA 98447
(253) 535-7200

Application Submission

By pressing submit below, you will be submitting your application for Hinderlie Community of Creative Expression.

Need assistance with this form?