Thank you for your interest in joining the 2013-2014 National Board Support Program at PLU. Please complete the application below to be considered for this year's program.
Please answer each of the following questions. Please be aware of character limits for each question.
To seek National Board Certification you must meet the following requirements prior to applying:
- Hold a bachelor's degree
- Have completed 3 full years of teaching/counseling experience
- Possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time, or, if teaching where a licnese is not required, have taught in schools recognized and approved to operate by the state.
Participants in the National Board Support Program at PLU must also register with the NBPTS and pay their required fees.
In addition to meeting the National Board Certification requirements, I also understand that:
- Class meetings are held online in real time class sessions
- Attendance is required to earning a passing grade for the program
- I will need computer access with a strong internet connection, a headset with a built-in microphone, and a webcam to be successful with the support program
- Successfully completing the PLU National Board Support program does not guarentee that I will earn my National Board Certificate
In order to complete the application process you must submit the following:
- $40.00 Application Fee (non-refundable; checks or money order made payable to PLU)
You can mail your application fee to:
Pacific Lutheran University
SOEMS - PPD
Tacoma, WA 98447
Please note that your application will not be reviewed until the application fee has been received.
By pressing "Submit" I am recognizing that the information I have provided is true and accruate and I am agreeing to all of the terms above.
Need assistance with this form?